gocamino hello

Kathy Gower kathygowerahotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:07:27 PDT 2004

Hola, Robbie, et al...

I think you'll find the French Chemin quite dofferent in flavor from the
Camino Frances.  For one, you can reserve your accomodations ahead of time,
but they are slightly more expensive.  Some also include food, like
chambre'd'hotes, for example.

I just returned last weekend and I marvel at the art and architecture of the
LePuy route, as well as the lush scenery, but mostly because there were so
few pilgrims for a Holy Year.

I stopped at Chartres and at Vezellay as well this time and felt each of
their significance as a starting place for medieval as well as modern day
pilgrims.

Time will tell the flavor of this list serve, but i greatly appreciate it's
heartfelt and warm spirited beginnings....

kathy

From: robbiearockisland.com
To: gocaminoaoakapple.net
Subject: gocamino hello
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hola everyone,

I am a peregrina from Washington State and have walked the Camino Frances
from SJPP to Santiago and on to Finisterre but it took me three summers
(2001,2002,2003) to do it.  Next summer I hope to start walking from
LePuy.

The Camino has taken on a special significance in my life.  I'm not a
religious person but there is something about the Camino and all of those
I have met through this experience, not only in person while walking, but
in this virtual Camino world that speaks to me in a way I haven't quite
been able to explain.

I have been a member of the GoCamino listserv for several years, but
mainly one who reads everyone's wonderful messages and then responds
individually to some rather than sending my replies to the entire group.

My thanks also go to David for putting this together.

Buen Camino,

Robbie Lawson