Via Francigena

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Sun Oct 10 23:26:58 PDT 2004

I have received from la Confraternita' di San Jacopo in Perugia a
booklet  on the Italian section of the via:  L'Eredita', guida
pellegrina sulla via Francigena, Monica Atti e Franco Conti.  The web
page also has a diary of a pilgrimage which gives the stages from
Perugia to Arles www.confraternitadisanjacopo.it.  Through the web page
below you can access an order form for other guides.   There are also
maps and descriptions on www.giovannicaselli.com/francigena/  the maps
seem a schematic, though I will try to see how well I can follow them
on some of the sections closest to home, so will try both the section
near Viterbo and those by Siena.  there must be a section closer in
Umbria since San FRanceso walked it.   I am afraid that printing all of
that information will result in a heavy and somewhat cumbersome package
to carry for the pilgrimage itself, but it makes good reading.

Good luck to all who are interested.

Maura
PS the guide from Perugia is in italian