gocamino moves on

David Hough camino2003aCOVAD.NET
Wed Oct 6 07:23:38 PDT 2004

I am pleased to announce that gocamino has a new home.    The introductory
information follows below.    gocaminoapete.uri.edu subscribers will not be
subscribed to gocaminoaoakapple.net
automatically; that's to let go of the folks who wanted to unsubscribe but forgot
how.
So to stay on gocamino, please follow the subscription instructions for
gocaminoaoakapple.net below.
And (just as with gocaminoapete.uri.edu) save your introductory email from
gocaminoaoakapple.net
so you can unsubscribe
yourself, if you ever need to, without sending an unwelcome "please unsubscribe me"
message to the entire list.

Please bear with me on any rough spots at the beginning as I iron out details.
Archives and a web site for large and non-text items will come later.
One long-overdue change is that a normal reply will go only to the sender, and
you will have
to do a reply-all equivalent to reply to the whole list.     That's intentional,
to reduce the
incidence of ill-considered responses in the heat of passion.    We haven't had
any lately but
human nature never changes.     More on the topic of mailing list abuse,
humorously presented on a mailing list
I used to run, is at http://www.oakapple.net/cars/humor.txt

My own camino is described at http://camino.oakapple.net

Ultreya y suseya!

David Hough

Keep the following information handy for future reference:

TO GET ON  THE LIST:    send the message "subscribe" to
                        gocamino-requestaoakapple.net
TO GET OFF THE LIST:    send the message "unsubscribe" to
                        gocamino-requestaoakapple.net
TO POST TO THE LIST:    send your message to
                        gocaminoaoakapple.net

"subscribe" or "unsubscribe" are not actually in quotation marks,
and must be in the BODY of the message,
NOT in the Subject: or any other header line.
Do not specify your address explicitly in the "subscribe" or "unsubscribe"
line;just say "subscribe" or "unsubscribe".
The mailing list software is majordomo 1.94.5.

Anybody may subscribe, and only subscribers can post messages.
Postings are limited to 10000 characters to inhibit spam and viruses.
Please restrict postings to simple text, without html or attachments.

As far as mail clients go that work well with mailing lists,
the list owner uses /usr/ucb/mail but also recommends and can help with:

For mail from your own computer:
 Thunderbird 0.8        http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
For mail from any web browser, on your own computer or while traveling:
 Yahoo Mail             http://mail.yahoo.com