why matamoros, crusades

claudia castellani claudietta67aHOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 6 12:21:19 PDT 2004

It is history, not my judging of it.
I tried to explain that European countries, such as Italy, have been
subjected to hundreds of years of attacks and invasions by Arabs (please,
remember Sicily has been conquered and hold by the Arabs for a long time,
for example) much before the first Crusade was organized.
In any case I didn't want to start a useless discussion about the Crusades.
I just wanted to thank MJ for writing those historical truths.
As I tried to explain in my posting, I feel powerless against the amount of
historical falsity that has been spread in our minds in the last 200 years,
so I normally never take these subjects because I think it is useless. If
the Western world has decided to commit a cultural suicide, it is its own
choice, which of course I disagree with.
Best regards,

Claudia