Reason for issuing the Compostela (was Re: Re: numbers..final)

Scott Horton lasemillabesadaaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 6 09:54:49 PDT 2004

Perhaps, at the root if this, is the idea that some here seem to promulgate
that the exclusivity of receiving a "real" Compostela for "real" beliefs
makes the piece of paper all the more valuable.  Shortage increases value?
I think it is a mistake and rather distasteful to apply economic and
marketing theory to what is, ultimately, a personal and individual
motivation having a life and extreme value regardless of Catholic ritual and
strictures.

--Scott