statistics

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Tue May 4 10:40:30 PDT 2004

Page No. 19 of the January, 2004,  edition of the Compostela, the magazine
published by the Santiago Archdiocese,  shows that of the 74,614 pilgrims that
received the Compostela in 2003,  52,145 declared their motive for the
pilgrimage to be solely  religious; 17,346 pilgrims declared it to be religious and
cultural and only 5,123 declared their motive for the undertaking to be
cultural.
Anyone can work out the percentages.
Because of the computer problems besetting  the Pilgrims' office these data
are not yet available on line, but I expect that they will soon be.
The figures posted here, month by month, have been sent to me by the
pilgrims' data compilation office from the Archdiocese. Most of them are available on
line and anyone interested can read them for him/herself.
Unfortunately, owing to the aforementioned computer problems,  the last
monthly data to be posted on line are those pertaining to last February,   and the
last available in English are those for November of last year.
The Pilgrims' Office now has a ready translator into English, consequently
henceforth  pilgrims statistical data will be able to be read in English within
a day or two from their publication in Spanish.
Warm regards,
Rosina.