Holland - Netherlands ( off topic)

pieter pannevis ppaPP.MYADSL.NL
Tue Mar 30 07:01:08 PST 2004

Dear all,
Dear Charles,

Let me explain. We Dutch we live in Holland, that's the whole country
If they ask me were I'm living I say in Holland!
We have even two provinces that are called:  northern and southern Holland
(along the coast)
In ancient times they were very important, the seat of government was there
etc.
So the whole country was named after it!

However the constitutional name for Holland is the Netherlands (the low
countries)
It has 13 provinces, like the states in the USA

We had a discussion recently; where do you live; in America, but more
exact...in the USA
I do live in the province of Gelderland, which has to a certain degree, like
all provinces a kind of autonomy

The only province which is a bit out; is Friesland.
They are very friendly people, with their own language and they got that far
that all documents and road signs are bilingual

I do not know if this clears a bit...but it was a try

Pieter from Holland (sorry, the Netherlands)
Well anyway in addresses we use
The Netherlands

as always:
Ultreya and good health to you !
'May the Road rise with you"

Pieter, Don trigo and O'Mickey
duifhuis 58
3862 jj nijkerk
the netherlands
fel/fax: +31(0)33- 24 60 912
email:mailto:pieterpannevisagmx.net
website: http://www.pieterpannevis.nl/
new email address:mailto:ppapp.myadsl.nl

---