Madrid to Sahagun - Refugios and Updates?

Sophronia Camp sgcjhmaTIAC.NET
Mon Mar 29 07:17:59 PST 2004

Hello fellow pilgrims,
        I'll be walking  my 4th camino this spring, but it's a first on the
Madrid-Sahagun route for me.  Any news on  accommodations/added
refugios?  I have the CSJ guide, but it was produced in 2000 with a few
added notes in 2001, so is a little out of date, and am also looking at
some pages pulled from the Amigos in Madrid, but this, too, is a little
old.  I walked the via de la plata last year, and there were definitely
new places not yet covered in the guides, so I assume this will be true
of the M-to-S route as well.
        Anyone walked it recently and have any helpful info?  I'm actually
starting from Colmenar as Madrileno pals have said that the first kms
out of Madrid are what one might expect in terms of industrial sprawl,
power stations and the like.
        Thanks for any help.
        Sophronia Camp