Restaurants pilgrims' advisory

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 28 14:26:38 PST 2004

That's nice! Somebody really soaked me for a simple piece of cheese last year. I was so suprised (and by nature a bit shy) that I just looked surprised and paid the bill. It was a cafe near the Cathedral.

Rosina...you leave very soon now. Best wishes, multiple prayers,  love, love, love !!!
Deanna

Rosina Lila <BlaroliaAOL.COM> wrote:
Hello you all,
The Galician Xunta has asked Santiago tourists, and most particularly pilgrims, to report seemingly excessive prices, below-advertised-quality food and other similar restaurant and hotel abuses.
Two days ago the Xunta imposed a six thousand Euros fine (ouch!) and closed for three months the Carpe-Diem restaurant, located on Bautizados Street where the Casco abuts the Alameda, after receiving twenty complaints reporting such abusive practices.
Pilgrims and tourists are encouraged to request a detailed bill which, if apparently excessive, may be given to the Tourist Information office in any Galicia town.
Regards,
Rosina