Introduction, with trip planning questions

Jack Christensen jchristeaSONIC.NET
Sun Mar 28 10:38:42 PST 2004

I've taken the overnight train in a sleeper in late May.  The Spanish
railbed between Santiago and Madrid isn't great so there's a lot a jostling
to and fro.  You arrive fairly early in the AM. I made a reservation in
advance, but others I went with made theirs when they arrived in Santiago
just a few days before departure.  I had a Eurailpass to use up, but flying
might be a better choice.  As far as hotels in Santiago, everyone I knew
found theirs after they arrived, without much difficulty.
Jack
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU]On Behalf
Of wanda
  Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 9:16 PM
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Subject: Re: Introduction, with trip planning questions

  Beginning camino May 3 or 4 and would like to ship luggage from St Jean
Pied de Port to Santiago. Plan to travel on overnight train to Madrid from
Santiago. Has any one experienced that train? How early do I make
reservations? Could be full like many of the hotels. Please provide info on
hotels in Santiago. The recommended Costa Vella has no rooms on my
determinded? date of arrival. Thanks, Wanda