Introduction, with trip planning questions

amiller24 amiller24aSNET.NET
Sat Mar 27 18:27:03 PST 2004

We are the Miller's from Essex, CT; Alan, and my wife Clara Gonzalez de Miller (originally from Barcelona).  I am retired from the Coast Guard with 26 years of service, and Oakland University (Michigan) where I served as Director of Campus Facilities & Operations.  Clara was in Real Estate for a number of year.  After visiting Paris for a few days, and taking the train to St Jean-Pied-de-Port, we will start the Camino on May 25th; hoping to finish by the end of June.  We will be joined by my sister Marla Keesee (Registrar at Santa Monica University) of Newbury Park, California.  First trip question is advise on how best to ship a suitcase from either Paris or St Jean to Jaca, Spain (where my wife has relatives, and is planning to spend a few weeks after the Camino)?  Second, what is the best way to travel from Santiago to Madrid.  Does Iberia offer a discount if the compostela is shown?  Third, advise on how much to donate at the refugios.  Buen Camino!
Alan Miller