Francophiles and the Via Podenais

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 27 16:25:35 PST 2004

Yes, it's a glorious day in San Francisco, all the better to plan a long
walk along the Chemin in France, even if it means ducking indoors on a day
like today.

I'm thinking specifically of Cathar country, in the midi-pyrenees, from
Conques to Moissac.  And while I can easily read Miam-miam do-do and the GR
65 guides for trail information and refuges to stay at, I'm really looking
more towars hearing about the land itself and it's connection to St. James.

I know it as Cathar country and home of Templar holdings and eerily
beautiful dolmens, but is there more anyone can say...

Le Puy to Conques held romanesque gems and I am assuming these will continue
to show themselves along the way, but can anyone speak to some of the places
they've visited that I might also?  The road, I know, is made by walking,
but one of the joys of it is being guided to its treasures, similar to Linda
and David's book on the Spanish Camino Frances.

merci,
kathy