injuries/medical problems:tendonitis, degenerative arthritis

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Thu Mar 25 12:06:30 PST 2004

Howard's answer sums it up very well. I might add that the best way to
ward off - or at least minimize both problems is to avoid trying to
push to hard. Don't plan an ambitious schedule, be flexible enough to
slow it down if the slightest sign of these problems shows up, and take
occasional layover days to rest. Those that have only 2 or 3 weeks
should consider limiting their planned itinerary to a reasonable
distance. For the average pilgrim this is about 20 km per day.

Bob S.