injuries/medical problems:tendonitis, degenerative arthritis

wanda wandaaOLDABIQUIU.COM
Thu Mar 25 10:23:09 PST 2004

I would like to know more about common injuries, please post that list. I will be on the camino early May, but leaving US in early April. Thanks,Wanda
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: athena
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:12 AM
  Subject: Re: injuries/medical problems:tendonitis, degenerative arthritis

  Can the people who have experienced tendonitis or degenerative arthritis in their feet tell a little more about it?
  My right foot has pain in the heel when I awaken or when I sit still for a long time. It goes away in 5 minutes or so, but returns after a long walk. It is not in the right place for heel spurs. It sometimes radiates up to my medial (inner) ankle. My theory is that this is partly arthritic. I will begin a Camino soon. I don't really anticipate trouble. But what do you folks who have experience with this think? I plan to stay under 25 km/day as much as possible on the Plata, and have an easy, slow 2 month Camino.
  Deanna

  William Marques <williammarquesaTESCO.NET> wrote:
    I fell in Zafra hurting my arm and walked into the local hospital where I
    received quick treatment in English. No question was ever made about
    payment or EEC forms. Within 2 hours they had X-rayed me and sent me on my
    way with a badly bruised arm advising a couple of days rest.
    We carried on to Salamanca that year. My arm was still bad when I returned
    to the UK so I went to our local hospital A&E. After the usual 4 hour wait
    they spotted the broken bone that they had not seen in Spain.
    William

    dandekay wrote:
    Dear All,
    I am compiling a list of the most common injuries and medical issues that
    pilgrims have experienced. This will aid me in putting together a workshop
    for those who are considering walking the Camino. Would whomever is willing
    please contact me directly with your information? Many thanks in
    advance.... Daniel