water

Eva evaaARTREMI.COM
Wed Mar 24 06:47:00 PST 2004

Usually you don't need to carry more than 1-2 liter with you. Water
fountains are spread out throughout the way and water quality is good.
We walked in the heat of last August, and drank  approx. 3 liters of
water, 3/4 liter of wine and 1 liter of coffee a day. But we tried to
carry only small bottles and drank water when it was available.

-Eva
-----Original Message-----
From: athena [mailto:deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: water

How much water do people usually carry for a day on the camino? Does
anyone have any idea about the Via de la Plata?

Out here, in the desert, a gallon a day per person is the rule of thumb.
This cuts the amount of backpacking one can do. I just walked 9 miles,
starting with this amount of water. It is purest torture. A gallon is 8
pounds.

Deanna