Another packing List

dandekay dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Tue Mar 23 06:31:46 PST 2004

Richard,
   Your list is very complete.  It makes me curious on two facts: what did
your pack weigh and how much of the list did you use.?
       Daniel
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Ferguson" <peregrinoaATT.NET>
To: <GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 10:39 PM
Subject: Another packing List

> All the talk about packing lists got me to dig out the list I used.  I
started with a more comprehensive list that I would use for mountaineering
expeditions, and then cut it down to what I saw as the essentials.  I
probably would pack the same again.

> I was walking in March, so had to bring some warmish clothes, just in case
of cold.  I missed snow on one of the passes by a few days.  The coldest I
got was at the refugio and church at Samos, I should have been wearing every
article of clothing I had brought, but I did not.

> The white and red ditty bags are full of miscelaneous stuff that I only
need occasionally, but carry just in case.  They are part of my backpacking
and camping system.  These bags have been all over, even carried to 21,000
feet.  I think the total weight of those two bags is around two pounds.  As
a matter of policy, I avoid adjusting the contents of those two bags from
trip to trip; I figure that whatever I take out to save weight is just what
I will turn out to need later.

> A few items are listed in more than one place in the list.  I mailed the
duffel bag and some photocopied information to myself in Santiago.