Rules for literary and photographic Camino contests

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun Mar 21 15:35:19 PST 2004

Hello you all,
The deadline for submission of entries to the literary and photographic
Camino contests is August 31st. 2004.
LITERARY CONTEST:
The short story entries should be sent by mail in an envelope marked clearly
on the outside with "IV Concurso Literario. Relatos Cortos. Camino de
Santiago"  and the name of the story. The envelope should contain a smaller envelope
inside with the name, address, DNI (?) or passport number of the author and
his/her telephone number and y/o mail(?).
The short stories should be no shorter than 3 pages and no longer than five.
If typed on a regular typewriter, and the size of the letters should be DIN
A-4 (?)  and spaced 1.5, and if written on a computer a 12 format should be
used.  The pages should contain a maximum of fifty lines with 80 digits each (?).
Entries should be sent to:
Asociacion Galega de Amigos do Camino de Santiago. Costa Nova, 55. 15706
Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
Entries should be submitted in triplicate, and if translated from a language
other than Spanish they need to be accompanied by the original language
version.
There will be a first prize of 450 euros, a second of  200 euros and a third
of 150 euros. The winning stories may be published by the Galician Association
of Camino Friends and/or the Cultural Council of the Galician Xunta.
(I hope you'll understand the technical requirements.  I haven't a clue)
PHOTOGRAPHIC CONTEST:
Up to 3 different pictures may be submitted by any one contestant. They may
be black and white or they may be in color. The submissions must be either
18x24  or 30x40 centimeters and need to be sent to:  "El Correo Gallego.
Redaccion.  Preguntorio 29. 15704 Santiago de Compostela. Spain.
The envelope containing the submissions should be marked on the outside with:
V Concurso Fotografico "O Peregrino" and the name or theme of the pictures; a
smaller envelope with the  name, address, DNI or passport number, telephone
number and y/o mail (?) of the photographer should also be included. The
deadline for submissions is August 31, 2004, and there will be three prizes: One for
450 euros, another for 200 euros and a third for 150 euros.  In addition, the
winning pictures will be published in the newspaper which is, as you may
know, the one with the largest circulation in Galicia.
Both these contests are very prestigious and convey recognition and publicity
benefits to the winners far beyond the money prizes.
Let me know if there is anything else that I may tell you.
Warm regards,
Rosina