Early risers

Linda McInnis mrfsealahaHOTMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 21 05:43:34 PST 2004

To Frank & all:

I, too, am a genetic early riser, always have been, even regardless of how
much or little sleep I got the night before.  I am usually done sleeping
between 4:30 and 5:30 am on any given day.  The last few times I have
traveled overseas, I've stayed in hostels, and am usually getting up very
shortly after the last few roomies have come in from clubbing and partying.

I believe that the application of simple good manners is always helpful.  If
possible, I try to lay out my clothes before I go to bed, or at least have
them at the top of my pack.  A tiny travel flashlight is essential for me,
also being very nearsighted ;-).  The less "fumbling" the better.

I don't see anything wrong with rising early, being as quiet as possible,
and taking one's leave.  Frank, the net bags sound like a great idea!  I
also try to wear "quiet" clothes.  I would assume, if the refugios are
similar to hostels, that toilets, etc. are NOT in the sleeping rooms, but
separate, thus one could carry the pack, and get ready there as opposed to
right at the bunk.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Forethought is the key, having your things ready to go before going to sleep
is always helpful.  I call it "fireman" thinking.

Thanks for sharing these thoughts, I have been wondering about that, too!

Cheers,
Linda in Pueblo