One Time Cameras

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Tue Mar 9 14:57:24 PST 2004

CAN be recycled.

Make sure you've COMPLETELY wound the film on.

Peel back the paper label from the base and you should see a slot with an
"open" arrow.

Stick a screwdriver/swiss army knife blade in and pop open the case.

Inside you will find an ordinary 35mm film cassette plus (if it's a camera
with a flash) an almost unused AA battery.

Replace the film and thread it as normal. You might like to fiddle with the
counter to reset it if you want to.

Close the case - You DID make sure the film was engaged properly? Good.

On the bottom there's probably a little flap concealing a keyway. You have
to turn this spindle and wind all of the film OUT of the cassette and onto
the spindle (now you see why you had to make sure the film was engaged)
because when you wind the film on after taking a shot you'll be winding it
BACK into the cassette.

If you do use these cameras (and they have their uses for small children and
hiding in GEOCACHES - Google it) but can't be bothered to reload at least
you can lighten your load by just keeping the film and re-using the AA cell.

Jeffrey