reply to Michelle

Liz Allen peaceplanet_6400aYAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 23 02:35:58 PDT 2004

Dear Michelle:

Writing this from Germany, excuse the errors. I just
finished the last small segment of the Camino doing 2
days of the Aragon portion, after travelling around
Espana for several weeks. It felt so good to be
walking the Camino again, I can well understand anyone
who travels the Camino again and again.

And I must say after doing over 900 kilometers of the
Camino, the Camino remains one of the moving &
wonderful experiences of my life.

But you must be educated on what to expect, a friend
here in Germany objected to walking along roads, which
some segments there is no other alternative. Also
being with many others at the alburgue, the confusion
and the rush for free beds, etc. If you are very
particular and private, perhaps the Camino is not for
you.

But to me the joy of getting up each morning, looking
forward to walking and the discovery of new lands,
sharing with many others, and the hospitality offered
at most alburgues, was an indelible experience. For
ever I will be moved when I see a yellow arrow, or see
the shell displayed.

To all who have done the Camino, or in the future, I
wish your life be a Buon Camino.

Sally Allen