the "four-legged" pilgrim

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 17 06:13:56 PDT 2004

I recall one camino cat, but the story is a sad one.
Its owner made it all the way to Palas de Rei from Roncesvalles with her cat, but the poor animal was miserable. Any time it was allowed to walk alongside, even though it always stayed very near its master, it was beset by the local dogs or cats. Eventually it ended up taking the trip inside the owners pack, which was unpleasant for both. And I won't tell you how unpleasant it was for us in the hostal, spending the night in a room with a cat who hadn't got enough exercise during the day!
You're smart to leave Puss at home. I love cats, but I don't think they are by nature great long-distance travelers.
Saludos
Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'