pilgrim discount air fare

Rebecca Belchamber bellgreeaOPTUSNET.COM.AU
Sun Jul 11 00:43:04 PDT 2004

Hello to all,

Having returned from walking the camino recently, I wanted to comment on the pilgrim discount air fare -

Had heard we could get pilgrim's discount at Iberia on presentation of the Compostela, but the catch was the discount works on the most expensive fare, so it proved easier to ignore this 'deal' and just book a straight flight. In fact, I would have done it from home when I made all the other flight bookings, but I had been convinced I could save quite a bit the other way. On the contrary, it cost a fortune. Two of us wanted to get to Manchester and had to fly Santiago to Madrid, then get a connecting flight, costing 237 and 301 Euros.

This is just my experience; others may have a more positive story to tell. But I was very sorry to have held out for the promised discount, and would like to save others from the same fate.

Regards,

Rebecca Belchamber
Melbourne, Australia