back on line

Rebecca Belchamber bellgreeaOPTUSNET.COM.AU
Fri Jul 9 03:00:56 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,

And I thought it was just me not getting any messages. The wierd part about
it all, for me, was that the messages stopped coming in on the day I started
my walk from Sarria. I thought it was too strange for words; when I returned
home, there were a few unread messages, accounting for the days it took us
to travel from Australia to Madrid, then another day getting to Lugo and on
to Sarria.

I came home full of comments I wanted to make on different aspects, and will
do this under separate subject headings to suit the archive. But first I
will say thanks to the online community  for all the support and advice I
gleaned over a year or so of being part of this great group.

As brief background; I am just over 50, and walked with a female friend over
60. We were on the road for a week in early May in what amounted to one of
the most memorable experiences of my life. Such friendliness and respect for
everyone; the route not overcrowded at that time, and only one day of rain.
Also, no agressive dogs anywhere on the route. We were very aware that
locals kept their dogs chained and in the yard during the day.

Regards,

Rebecca Belchamber
Melbourne, Australia