Suggestions and/or regrets

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Sat Jan 24 01:44:44 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duke" <dklassenaMN.RR.COM>
To: <GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 1:36 AM
Subject: Suggestions and/or regrets

> I am leaving for St. Jean Pied de Port in late March to begin the Camino.
> It occurs to me that those of you who have had the experience might be
> able to help me.  If you had one piece of advice to give (about gear,
> books,things not to miss, weather etc.) or one regret of things you might
> have done diffently (shrines visited, pace of walking, attitudes,etc.) or
> one thing you would do differently if you walked the Camino again, I would
> love to hear about them.
>
> Duke

Things I wish I had brought:

* Thin pair of gloves.  (The early mornings, i.e. 6am in May, were very
cold)
* Waterproof cover for rucksack.
* A really waterproof Gortex jacket.  (The non-Gortex jacket I had brought
leaked after 30 min rain and was truly miserable)
* Electric razor (more convenient than wet shaver, blades, shaving oil/foam
etc and can be used anywhere)

Things I was glad I did bring / do

* Lightweight waterproof Gortex trousers
* Sleeping bag
* My diary
* The Pilgrimage Road To Santiago.  D M Gillitz and L K Davidson  (Well
worth its weight in gold)
* CSJ Guide
* Digital camera
* Walk to Fisterre