Various

Ted Kayes tckayesaEARTHLINK.NET
Fri Jan 23 07:10:37 PST 2004

Several comments in response to recent messages-

My wife, of 35 years, and I walked last June - July from
Roncevalles.  Walking with her for 31 days was a great.  Her presence,
comments and companionship greatly enhanced my Camino experience.

We were among those who began the walk early in the morning, typically
between 4:30 and 6:00AM.  We did not do it in competition for
beds.  Walking early is very pleasant and only by leaving early could you
see and appreciate the stars. Equally importantly, we were minimizing the
amount of time we were walking in full sunshine.  The July sun can be
considered fearsome, especially after five hours each day, and it seemed to
take a lot out of us.  We blessed the cloudy days, which were very few.

The important thing is not whether you have a companion, but to go.  I
cannot recall anyone who did not love the experience of the Camino.

Ted Kayes