My first time

Estelle Codier EstelleCaKAPIOLANI.ORG
Thu Jan 22 13:37:51 PST 2004

Respectfully couldn't disagree more...I have done lots of solo hiking and
love it, but walking the camino with my husband had an amazing effect on my
marriage, and helped me enter into the experience in a very different way!!
I know that one day I will walk the camino solo, but I wouldn't trade
anything for the experience of walking it with the person I walk my life
with. I CAN'T imagine walking it with a group, but I know families who
walked it together and raved about its merits!! One of my vivid memories
from the camino last fall was of a blind woman walking it with her sister
heading her. So we are all different. I don't think it's a case of "better
or worse"; rather a case of discerning what kind of walk is best for
yourself at the time you are walking.

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On Behalf
Of Kinsey Carpenter
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 7:54 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: My first time

In my opinion, doing the Camino with a companion takes away from the
experience. Having to consider the needs and wants of a companion is like
having a backpack that is too heavy. You will walk, dine and experience many
fascinating people along the Camio, i.e. there is no way you will be lonely
- especially since you are going during the summer of a Holy Year. Happy to
further discuss my strong opinion. kcarpenteracmins.com.

Kinsey Carpenter
530 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
415-835-5333