Credencial

aumm aumm aumm_aummaYAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Jan 22 02:04:29 PST 2004

Jeffrey's message last year which included the
information from the CSJ explaining the 2 stamp
requirement is in the archives:

"Have just been made aware of this from the
Conraternity of St James in London:

News from Santiago

We heard recently that the Pilgrim Office had started
asking pilgrims to get two stamps per day in their
credenciales or Pilgrim Records.  We asked for
confirmation of this new request, and here is their
reply:

"Last year we started to control a little bit more the
credentials and the stamps, in order to differenciate
pilgrims on foot, horse or by bicycle from  those who
are using other means of transport to come to
Santiago. The Cathedral of Saint James wants to be
fair with those who are doing the pilgrimage by giving
them, and only them, the "Compostela". That is the
reason why we ask for two stamps per day.  However, we
understand that if a pilgrim starts the Way in a far
away point,  it is enough to get only one stamp.
Otherwise, they would need several  credentials. We
specially apply the rule of the two stamps per day to
pilgrims starting from Galicia.  We really appreciate
your interest on the matter, and will be very grateful
if you would give that piece of information to the
pilgrims addresing the Confraternity."

So, be prepared, if you're starting from anywhere west
of say Ponferrada (or picking up a pilgrimage made in
stages), to get two stamps a day, and get hold of
another credencial if you need room for the extra
stamps.

Hope this is of use

Jeffrey"

Gareth

 --- Jeffrey Crawley <jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK>
wrote: > I think the 2 stamps question first appeared
on the