Sleeping Bag Advice/September Camino

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Mon Jan 5 15:13:51 PST 2004

We carried 2 lb down bags on our Sept-Oct Camino trip in 2001. The problem
was that they were always too warm. The refugios were always quite warm, just
from body heat, and there seemed to be an aversion to opening windows.  We
didn't have to sleep outside, but I think a 2 lb down bag ((20 degree rated) would
be fine.  We use the same bags backpacking in the California Sierra Nevada,
where ice will form at night and are warm enough - at worst, wear all your
clothing in the bag on the few cold nights.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill: Tales and Tips from
Seasoned Women Backpackers