Camino in September

jim allen jallen08aTAMPABAY.RR.COM
Sat Jan 3 14:30:49 PST 2004

Hola Jennifer;
We walked from SJPP beginning Aug 22, 2003.  We walked to Logrono(100
miles), bussed to Leon, walked to Santiago(200 miles) arriving Sep 13.
Roncevalles was crowded.  Zubiri was full.  Puente la Reina outside the
town over the bridge had plenty of room. Estella was crowded.  Los Arcos was
crowded.  Logrono was crowded.  We got beds in all of them however.
OCebreiro was wall to wall Pilgrims with many sleeping on the floor.  My
guess for 2004 is that it will be crowded from SJPP to OCebreiro, and from
OCebreiro  to Santiago mobbed by 2:00pm.  Every few days we stayed in
Hostal, hotel, etc.  WE NEVER EVER WORRIED ABOUT WHERE WE WOULD SPEND THE
NIGHT.      I am home, it was the trip of a lifetime.

Jim Allen, Seminole, Florida