Boots, blisters and tendonitis

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 24 09:03:54 PST 2004

Thank you so much, Jeffrey, especially for the tendonitis site. This has been bothering me a bit. I start the camino in 6 weeks and 5 days and I have been arguing with my Achilles tendon for several months. And I am in the desert, have no idea where the nearest podiatrist is...it is at least 250 miles...not that I'd go to the doctor if I can help it!  :-)
Deanna

Jeffrey Crawley <jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK> wrote:
For good information about tendonitis try here:

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sportsmedicine/a/tendonitis.htm

On my first Camino I suffered chronic tendonitis (for the last 400kms) on the
second (in different boots) none at all although I did have a tender achilles
tendon from a badly stitched seam at the heel and, like Claudia, my soles hurt
after 15 km but I cured this with more padding in the form of thicker in-soles
(plantillas in Spanish).

The switch to sandals during the day is a good idea subject to weather.

As for socks, wool gets my vote everytime and if you're in Cacabelos on market
day there's a lady who sell three pairs of wool mix socks for just 5 euros :o)

Never had a blister on either trip but see here for advice:

http://walking.about.com/library/weekly/aa051198.htm

Jeffrey

Quoting claudia castellani :