Women on the Camino

Jose Cano josecanoaIIES.ES
Mon Feb 23 05:07:27 PST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:31:53 -0500, Sue Kenney <sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA>
wrote:

>Pepe,
>
>It seems aristrocracy was one of the requirements for a woman to walk. I
wonder
>if Countess Richardis walked the Camino alone since her husband had died?
>
>>Sue
>sue.kenneyasympatico.ca

Sue,
Richardis went to jerusalen with her husband. During their way back, he
died.And then she went to Santiago. The book do not say if she was alone ,
but i´m sure she was not alone. At that time also men were looking for
company to take care of animals an bandits inthe Camino.

The book is a classic in Spain. In fact is a three books work, with a total
of 1500 pages.It was written in 1945, to give impetum to the Camino after
the war.

 IF you are interested in a particular topic, tell me, and i will try to be
helpful.

Buen Camino,  pepe