College Student seeks Camino Mentor

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Sun Feb 22 16:24:58 PST 2004

It is strictly a matter of personal choice. For three pilgrimages, a
total of about 2500 km, I wore low cut shoes, with stout soles,  the
whole time and never missed my boots. The camino is not cross country
stuff - it is roads and trails trod by many thousands of people every
year. If there had been deep snow or mud I would probably have
regretted it , but the stones and downhills were no problem - not for
the feet at any rate. Downhills are hard on my ancient knees and I made
good use of my walking sticks,  but boots would not have made a
difference for the knees.

regards,

Bob Spenger