Siesta

Claudia Castellani claudietta67aHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 18 07:03:46 PST 2004

Just in case nobody did it, I would like to inform new pilgrims that in
Spain - and especially in small villages in the Meseta - the "siesta" is
fundamental.
ALWAYS keep in mind that shops and especially pharmacies are closed from
about 1.45 pm to 5.00 pm. So, if you need something to buy or if you think
you might need to buy something, please do it when you first have the
possibility to do it: NEVER POST-PONE! You might regret it for life!

An example: I had to buy something in a pharmacy (in the Meseta you will
very seldom find pharmacies), but I was so silly to think I might have done
it later. When I arrived to the next pharmacy, it was 2.00 pm: closed for
siesta! I was desperate!! The alternative, at that point, was staying there
and waiting for 3 hours until the pharmacy opening hour or going on. But if
you go on you cannot be sure that in the next villages you will find a
pharmacy!!!!!
Well, that day I was lucky because I found an open pharmacy some kilometers
later. But that was a good lesson I learnt and I never forgot!

Claudia