Tomas and Majarin

Eyskens jeyskensaAUSTIN.RR.COM
Mon Feb 16 23:52:53 PST 2004

IFOUND Tomas and Manjarin well worth the stop and stay.  Its probably
the closest to the medieval experience you can find today, and well
worth giving up the modern comforts for a night.

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On
Behalf Of kit
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 3:49 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: Tomas and Majarin

Dear readers,I found the Majarin and Tomas experience to be one of the
more inspiring times on the way. Tomas an appointed Templar Knight did
his ceremony in honor of  the 1000 Jewish weeping women , complete with
large sword ringing  the bell. He also told us with faith and hope as
pilgrims we could finish and make it to Santiago.There were tears in the
eyes of his disciples, he served us tea. I bought a Tau cross from him
as he would not except a donation. I kept going to Molinaseca but fellow
pilgrims stayed the night and reported eating the local wild mushrooms
for dinner.There is no electricity or running water,some said hygiene
was an issue but the experience was well worth the stay