A Blessing and Prayer for the Pilgrims

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Sat Feb 7 19:09:27 PST 2004

Peregrinas and Peregrinos,

Today, I found a photocopy of a prayer that was given to me at a
pilgrim's blessing but I can't recall where I was on the Camino. I only
remember someone handing out copies in Spanish and English. Does anyone
know where this prayer is from or have information about it's origin?

Blessing and Prayer for the Pilgrim

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, who brought your servant Abraham out of the city
of Caldeas protecting him through all his travels/wandering, and who was
the Hebrew nation's guide through the desert, we ask you to bless these
children of yours who, for the love they bear your name, are on a
pilgrimage to Compostela.

Be for them their companion on the way, their guide at the cross-roads,
their shelter on the road, their shade in the heat, their light in the
darkness, their comfort in weariness and their resolve in intentions. So
that through your guidance they arrive sound at the end of their road,
and, enriched with grace and virtue, return home healthy and full or
worthy virtues.

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.

March in the name of Christ who is the way, and pray for us in
Compostela.

Warmest regards,
Sue
Floral Park, Ontario