Which Route?

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Fri Feb 6 18:34:23 PST 2004

I am sure that you can get from Lourdes to Pau very easily, since Pau
is a large city and less than 40 kilometers from Lourdes. There is
probably both train and bus service, but even if there isn't convenient
public transportation, it would only be a half hour taxi ride.
Alternatively, it would be an easy days walk. The nearest access to a
major pilgrimage is through Lescar. a suburb of Pau. From Lescar, on
the GR 653 (the French designation of the Arles route), it is five easy
days to Somport, although it can be done in three.

regards,

Bob Spenger
rspengeraearthlink.net