Numbers From le Puy

Bill Clune fongbeetwoaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 5 11:02:24 PST 2004

John;

You will find a much greater number of Pilgrims on the le Puy/ St. JPdP
route than represented by the figures given in the Santiago tally. Many
french families will spend a portion of their annual holidays walking for
two week on the Camino each year (usually July & August) and le Puy is the
favorite starting point. I was very glad I carried a small tent to be used
when the gites and inexpensive hotels were fully booked. Reservations are
necessary in the busy season. Don't let this scare you off; it is a
beautiful and enjoyable route, one filled with history, romance and many
beautiful towns and buildings. Churches in France, unlike Spain are usually
open from early morning to late evening, 0500 to 2100 and offer an
interesting, cool and comfortable stop during the heat of the day. Water is
always available in the cemetery near the church.

Have a wonderful Camino,
Bill