2004 pilgrim numbers

Carla J. Dolce cjdolceaMINDSPRING.COM
Wed Feb 4 18:22:38 PST 2004

Why would September be any more crowded than July and August.  I would have
thought July would be the  most crowded given that July 25 is the Holy Day.
I do not especially like crowds, but had planned on walking the Camino
Frances this year.  What month (from May through September) do you think
would be the least crowded.  Thank you for any information you may offer!
Carla

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU]  On Behalf
Of pieterpannevis
Sent:   Wednesday, February 04, 2004 6:17 PM
To:     GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject:        2004 pilgrim numbers

Dear all,
  As 2004 IS a holy year the number of pilgrims on the Camino Frances will
exceed the annual grow ()
The archdiocese of Santiago and the Xunta of Gallicia expect a mere 3
million pilgrims.

Be assured that number counts for all "visitors" to Santiago in 2004.
The route from le Puy ( GR 65) will be busy, but not experiencing problems I
think
 From St Jean on and especially from Sarria and in the month of September it
will be rather unwise to travel there unless you like a lot of people a lot
and at the same time
The website for the Archdiocese is:
  http://www.archicompostela.org/Peregrinos/Inglés/Peregrinsantiago.htm

If you see the statistics you might see how dramatically the increase is in
a holy year!

However if you think you like to do it: just do it!

as always:
Ultreya and good health to you !
'May the Road rise with you"

Pieter, Don trigo and O'Mickey
duifhuis 58
3862 jj nijkerk
the netherlands
fel/fax: +31(0)33- 24 60 912
email: mailto:pieterpannevisagmx.net <mailto:pieterpannevisagmx.net>
website: http://www.pieterpannevis.nl/ <http://www.pieterpannevis.nl/>

the new email address coming into effect 15-02-2004 will be:
mailto:p.pannevisamyadsl.nl <mailto:p.pannevisamyadsl.nl>   the other mail
address
mailto:pieterpannevisagmx.net <mailto:pieterpannevisagmx.net> will stay
valid too

---