[Gocamino] closing of the Xacobean Year

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 17:02:32 PST 2004

Hello you all,
Tomorrow's Santiago newspapers report that eleven TONS of gunpowder and more
than twenty-five thousand fireworks units will commence to say good-bye to the
present Xacobean Year next Friday, the 17th, on the four squares surrounding
the Santiago Cathedral.
This is expected to be the largest fireworks spectacle,  ever, in Europe.
I do not know why it will take place two weeks before the end of the year,
but I do know that there are a zillion other commemorative events before
December 31st.
The next Holy Xacobean Year will be six years hence, in the year 2010, and
there will not be another one until 2021, seventeen years from now..
Best regards,
Rosina