[Gocamino] New year-round albergue

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 14:21:47 PST 2004

Kathy: It's not THAT difficult. It can be done.
Our albuergue dream is a sort of miniature of America now: We know what we want, and what we SHOULD be achieving,  but we somehow have to place it higher in the hierarchy of needs, it has to outsound the racket and demands of our own little lives enough to get it done.
It's a matter of priority. And leadership.
The more I help out with new albergue-related "stuff," the more I see national and ethnic differences among those involved. And we Americans, I'm afraid, are already so "over-committed" to other projects that creating an edifice overseas will be a long, hard slog. Everyone is supportive, right up to the point where they're asked to give some time and take on some work or commitment.
So some of us just have to be willing to pick up the challenge do that real work. Many are called. Few are chosen.
Let's do it.
Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, periodista
Westmoreland County bureau