Don Juan lines; the watercolors book..

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Aug 11 02:18:50 PDT 2004

Hola,
Indeed, the lines you quote are from Shaw and not from the original Zorrilla play... nor do they appear in the version used by Mozart for the opera Don Giovanni.
More famous operas take place in or around Sevilla than in any other city on the world, including <Paris and Rome.  The Barber of Seville, Carmen, The Marriage of Figaro, La Forza del Destino, Don Giovanni, and Fidelio, to name a few.  Curiously, the composers have been French, Italian, Austrian and German, and nary a Spaniard.
The allure of Seville has traveled far and wide.  Even that towering master, Richard Wagner, was inspired by those Sevillians who when they built the Cathedral of Seville said: "Let us build something so incredible that future generations will think us mad" to create his out-of-this-world magnificent Ring Des Nibelungen.

Some friends already in Santiago have told me that they haven´t been able to find the watercolors book there.... apparently, and not surprisingly, it is sold out.  I may be able to send it to you if you fell that you should have it. Let me know.

Warm regards,

Rosina