refugio availability

Susan Long slongyahaYAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 6 23:06:04 PDT 2004

One place I highly recommend is Casa Curiscada, which is at km 66 in the
Camino Frances, about 4 km outside of Arzua. It is part of the network
of casas rurales in Spain which are absolutely wonderful. I think it is
20 euros a night or something for a single, and the rooms are beautiful
and new and have great private bathrooms! And she makes you dinner. It’s
a small working farm. Here is the contact info: ccuriscadaaocamino.com,
981500365. They only have 3 rooms, and they are out in the country, as
you might expect of a casa rural, so you should book ahead (we called
the day before). We had a little trouble finding it but she will give
you directions (in Spanish, of course). (At km 66 you cross a highway at
a little place called Preguntoño – Casa Curiscada is about 100m to the
left down the hill.)

The casas rurales were a great discovery – they are so nice. We ran
across several of them that we wished we had known about in advance. I
know there is a website somewhere listing all of them, like the
paradores, but I haven’t been able to find it. Maybe someone else knows
the URL?

Susan Long
slongyahayahoo.com