Hi everyone

Verna Austen va116aMSN.COM
Fri Apr 30 18:15:21 PDT 2004

Hello!

I am new to the list, and am so happy to have found you all. I first heard
of the Camino from S. MacLaine's book, and knew that I was called to the
pilgrimage at least once in my life. I am planning a trip in a year or so,
and I am so excited! I will be facing all of my fears, many of which you all
have conquered; flying, being alone, knowing no one, wild dogs, walking
alone for long periods, etc., but I think that is the point.
Right now I am working on getting ready, working out, learning Spanish,
praying etc. I had hoped that it would be something that my Mom and I would
do together, but it seems not to be; she was recently diagnosed with a
terminal disease and my making this trip will be for her too. She gave me my
interest in art and culture and recipes.

There was a trip review recently that said the line, "you are never alone on
the Camino." and those 7 words gave me such comfort!

Thank you so much in advance for all that I know I will learn from you.

Take care,
~verna