sleep time-readaptation

kpdbaprodigy.net.mx kpdbaPRODIGY.NET.MX
Sun Apr 25 14:00:45 PDT 2004

I would love to do that but have a hard time finding anything that will
make me sleep on a plane.  What is a .5mg ambien??  I've never heard of it!

We leave New York this Tuesday, so I hope you can let me know before we go.
Thanks, Kathy from Mexico (now in NY)

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:37:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: sleep time-readaptation

Hi Richard,
Some years ago I found out how not to lose a day abroad because of the time
changes that result when one travels  to another continent:
The moment that I strap myself  onto the airplane seat I take a sleeping
pill
(usually a 5 mg. ambien) and wake up in good condition six hours later,
just
about the time when they are serving breakfast on the plane.
Sure, I forgo the evening meal, the movies, etc., which, frankly, are no
loss
at all, at least not to me..
I also seek a place by the window so that other passengers  won't wake me
up.

If on the first nighttime in Europe, or wherever, I am still not
sleep-adjusted, I take a second sleeping pill and that's it. The next
morning I wake up as
though I were home.
As I remember, sometime ago another pilgrim made the same suggestion here.