Good news fopr "Internaut" pilgrims.

honestdoug honestdougaWORLDONLINE.CO.UK
Sat Apr 24 22:35:23 PDT 2004

Rosina Lila wrote:

> Hello you all,
> >From the end of April throughout the rest of this Xacobean Holy Year
> all 52  (fifty two) of the albergues supported by the Culture Council
> of the Xunta will be equipped with computers and  (free) Internet
> facilities available to pilgrims.
> Furthermore, there will be an additional 17  (seventeen) computer and
> Internet centers for use by  pilgrims in public buildings throughout
> the four Galician provinces.
> The multiple daily pilgrim  Masses, celebrated with the exultation of
> the Botafumeiro,  have proven to be extremely well attended.
> Today, Saturday,  ten thousand faithful attended the pilgrim Masses at
> the Santiago Cathedral..  Also, today the Pilgrims' Office awarded
> more than 400 Compostelas to pilgrims.
> Unfortunately, the Pilgrims' Office is still bereft of computer
> facilities and,  relevant  information needs to be compiled by  hand;
> consequently exacting and verified  figures are not yet in place..
> As soon as the situation is remedied and the statistics for March are
> available I will post them here.
> Warm regards,
> Rosina.

Hi Rosina

That's great news about the  internet as we hope to send back
information to our church on there web site . My son and myself leave
after mass today to fly to Bilbao with eastjet and then tomorrow  go by
train to
Shaugrin to start our walk on 27th we hope to do the 240? miles  in two
weeks  and spend a few day at the end in Santiago before
 getting the train  back to Bilbao which takes a day .
we have booked our Plane/hotel first night /train all on the internet
and after reading all the information you and others have  given re
looked at our packing list( after finding out my brivery weighed 11/2lb
)we joined CSJ and that has been great for lots of information and there
Camino guide  I will also be taking the John Brierley book which has
some great daily walking maps in .

God Bless
Doug Lowe