The Pilgrims Office needs help ???

pieter pannevis pieterpannevisaGMX.NET
Tue Apr 13 00:13:57 PDT 2004

Dear all,

I'm astonished about the fact that the response to the message of an ill
person who dedicated his life and being - and many of you will have
encountered him - Don Jaime and a computer breakdown resulted in a cry for
help to get a new computer system.
Of course with the alarming increasing number a good working system might
fit in well, however
Might it be more appropriate to suggest writing a card or letter of
encouragement to Don Jaime?

Pc's are replaceable things, people are not.
I'd like to encourage you, not to let the human aspect out of your mind, for
that's all what it is about on the Camino!

He is a kind and  strong man with a good sense of humour ands very patient
(sometimes). I remember that I met him in Santiago one early morning after
been interviewed the day before. I asked him to spare some time to have his
photo taken with the cathedral in the background.
He willingly spent a few minutes of his time on his way to the pilgrim's
office and obliged in every way.

Please do send him a letter or a card to wish him well!
He does so much for your Camino !

Pieter
The Netherlands

---