Introduction

Liz Allen peaceplanet_6400aYAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 12 13:12:03 PDT 2004

I am an older (60+) female originally from California, who will be walking the Camino beginning May 1 2004 with a friend from N. Carolina. Our reason for walking will be for world peace. We will be walking from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela.
My background as a peace activist in a number of different arenas throughout the US as lead to this walk. Particularly of importance and also I am interested if anyone who might be walking around the same time, and anyone who plans on travelling to Barcelona to attend the Forum 2004.
My friend does not have computer access, therefore I will happily transmit any relevant data or information needed to make this walk successful and relevant in this year of war and violence throughout the world.
I do have a copy of your wonderful book, Linda - it is full of great historical information about the pilgrimage. Also a copy of a Spanish phrase book - would request a general sense of how fluent one should be to communicate with the Spaniards - or like most places in the world do many speak English- or more French -
Looking forward to getting some comments going, sharing information, and possibly getting to know in advance some of the others who will be sharing this route over the May-June period.
Liz Allen