on behalf of Sue Kenney

pieter pannevis pieterpannevisaGMX.NET
Sun Apr 11 15:51:40 PDT 2004

Dear all
 Sue asked me to forward this to you:

Everyone,

I arrived safely today in Santiago, leaving from Valenca, Portugal on
Tuesday. Had some troubles to start, was pick pocketed in Frankfurt and lost
300 euro. Then they lost my luggage in Vigo, Spain for 3 days, so I walked
in the same clothes I left in for 2 days. As a result of the socks I had and
bought, got blisters. Because of the blisters I started to limp, causing a
sore knee. Still walking though. Compeed is the best!

The Portuguese route is absolutely gorgeous. Galicia mystical magic. Sun and
clear sky for 6 days. Up to 20 C during the day. Beautiful alberques. I am
the only pilgrim walking sola. All are from Spain-Portugal.

Hugged the Apostle for all of you today. Happy Easter. No pilgrims mass
today but lots of festivities. Now off to Finesterre and hopefully Muxia and
then I will turn around and walk back. Will write when I can.

Sue

Pieter-Holland

---