Pilgrim Get-together in the UK

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 26 13:00:56 PDT 2003

Dear Jason
This is an idea which really deserves applause, and putting into effect.

I agree with all your suggestions (!) except it sounds like you need a week
for all that!

And if it is in the Lake District, maybe you would want to take care that it
isn't too steep a walk all the way!  Maybe you're thinking to practise for
the Pyrenees but not everyone who does the Camino does all the tough bits
and it would be a pity to put some people off this gathering who didn't
think they could cope with that.

Also the Lake District, being a tourist place, can be a bit expensive on
hotels?  There is a very nice Youth Hostel I know in the south Lakes, almost
on the coast, attached to a Quaker chapel.  At the south end of Windemere or
Coniston lakes.  Do you know it?
But the Lake District is a wonderful choice.

Of course in the towns there is also a wealth of shops which sell the gear
so it would be an excellent place to discuss and research boots and suchlike
for those who don't know much about it, like me!

And it occurs to me that if there was enough people, there could be a choice
of walks, some up the mountains and some through the valleys.

I feel that a weekend would be the most practical for most people and
perhaps a little of most of what you suggest could be packed into it.

Keep going with the idea....

Sally
Lancashire, Uk