Bars

R.James Disharoon jamesaDISHAROON.NET
Fri Sep 19 09:04:27 PDT 2003

Jilek,

In parts of Europe (including Spain), homes are considerably smaller and are what we would call apartments or condos. There are a lot fewer single stand-alone dwellings that have landscaping about them. Additionally, it is improbable that folks are invited to the home unless they are family or very close friends.

As a result, the "bar" is a place to socialize and entertain. It is definitely a family type place.

James

 From "Jilek, Glenn" <Glenn.JilekaFHWA.DOT.GOV> on 18 Sep 2003: